I started working on my Starbucks Tea Passport last week and so far have tasted five teas. The first three are Green Teas, the last two Black Teas.
- Zen – This tea just might convince me to become a “tea drinker” instead of a “coffee drinker”. I really enjoyed the refreshing blend of lemongrass and spearmint.
- China Green Tips – This is a traditional Chinese Green Tea with a delicate, fresh taste. It’s harvested in the Spring and has a sweet, slightly vegetative smooth finish– “Earthy” would be a word I would use to describe it.
- Green Ginger – Has a slightly fruity, ginger taste. Would go well with ginger and pear.
- Earl Grey – Bergamot: a citrus fruit for Italy. A slightly citrus and aromatic flavor.
- Tazo Chi – EXTREME Spicyness! An Indian, exotic, full-bodied tea with ginger, cinnamon, cloves, anise, black pepper and cardamon. Didn’t really care for this too much.
I’m done with the Green Teas and have one more Black Tea to taste – Awake, will do that tomorrow. After that I will get into the Herbal Infused Teas; there are five of those and then I’ll be done. Done = more BLING, a Tea Passport pin for my green apron 🙂